National Junior Honor Society Criteria for Membership
1. Scholarship...must have at least a 3.5 cumulative GPA
2. Leadership...(committee looks at the number and variety of offices a student has held in school or community organizations, including athletic teams, band and choir, and various student groups)
3. Service...contributions to school, classmates, and community as well as the student's attitude toward service
4. Citizenship...demonstrates mature participation and responsibility through involvement with activities, organizations, and clubs
5. Character...basic guidelines of the Six Pillars of Character
All students who are eligible based on Scholarship are given an application to fill out and return to the adviser is he/she desires membership. Those applications ask students to record the above activities in Leadership, Service, and Citizenship. The applications are then reviewed by a Faculty Council made up of middle school teachers and administrators. The recommendation of the Faculty Council are given to the Adviser, who then sends out either the letters of invitations of the letters of regret.
Please let me know if you need further information.